Moderator: Mr. Jim Stiebel
Student Ambassadors play a vital role in promoting Mater Dei to prospective students and their parents, current students and their parents, and alumni. In their role as ambassadors, students share not only their knowledge of Mater Dei, but also their “spirit” for Mater Dei.
The activities in which our Student Ambassadors participate include, but are not limited to, the following:
– serving as tour guides for visiting prospective students and their families
– visiting grade schools to provide presentations about Mater Dei
– volunteering to call alumni during our Annual Fund Drive Phone-a-Thon
– assisting with freshman registration and our Little Knights and Little Ladies
– exploring new methods of spreading the news about Mater Dei
In the spring, freshman, sophomore, and junior students apply to serve as Student Ambassadors for the following school year. Applicants must request references from two teachers, possess a “C” average, and display the “spirit” of Mater Dei. Selected students are then trained during the summer.